Excerpt from the DNV website:
We are building a new community recreation centre at 2035 Fullerton Avenue, in the heart of the new Lions Gate Village.
Features of the new centre will include:
- a full-sized gymnasium with basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball
- an express library operated by North Vancouver District Public Libraries (NVDPL)
- community spaces, including a meeting room, ‘living’ room with comfortable seating areas, and a kitchen for gatherings, classes, and group lunches
- office space for community service groups, such as Capilano Community Services Society
- a District owned public plaza with play spaces and outdoor seating
The new centre is scheduled to open in the spring of 2020.
Thanks to the 166 NSPC members, (38% of the membership), who completed our August online survey. You can see the results below for yourself. As a result of your input we will try out some more level play sessions and skills sessions for the last 6 to 8 weeks of 2019 PB season. This data may also be used to promote pickleball on the North Shore.
The new permanent pickleball courts at Murdo Fraser are done!
Six courts are painted and lined and permanent nets are up for 5 of them. One court next to the practice wall will require a portable net. As of August 3 club play has resumed at Murdo Fraser, in lieu of Tempe Glen. Come and check it out!
Little Cates has initiated a new “Novice to 3.0 only” session from 11-12 on Sundays and Wednesdays after the All-Play time (9:00 – 11:00) and will look into a possible evening time if we find it generates enough interest with those new to the game but work during the day.
Outdoor play for all levels continues mornings 9:00 – noon at Murdo Fraser and 9:30 – 12:00 at Marine & 29th.
Over 90 players joined us for an end-of-summer celebration and Club Potluck after the rain delay, Monday September 1, on the newly renovated Murdo Frazer Courts.
Play began at 9am and the food was finally put away at 3 pm. Thanks to the Social Committee and the volunteers who kept everyone playing and kept the table tidy. Congrats to the draw prize winners and winners of the Do-You-Know-Your-Club Quiz….which is posted on the website.