- 2019 Memberships expire today. Renew by Sunday and you will still be eligible to vote in our deemed/online AGM.
- Thanks to everyone who renewed their memberships! A link to the deemed/online AGM will be emailed tomorrow May 1st. The link will remain open until May 14, 9-pm. As a thank you, two cash prizes of $100 to a charity or restaurant of your choice will be drawn from completed surveys.
- Check the Documents page of this website for all the information you need before voting.
- No word yet from CNV, DNV or DWV Parks Departments on court openings. We will let you know as soon as we know!
- The registration link is always open. Hope to see you on the courts soon!
- Be kind; be calm; stay safe.
An AGM allows us to reflect on the highlights of the year, account for the finances, thank Board members for their service and elect new people with a vision for our Club.
Noting the challenges of the pandemic, physical distancing and our worries for our community at this time, the Board has decided to go ahead with the AGM, electronically. This “Deemed AGM” is provided for by Section 72 of the Societies’ Act.
How? On May 1, a link to an online survey will be emailed to all 2020/21 members in good standing.
What You Can Do Now:
- Renew your membership. Only those who have renewed their memberships for 2020/21 may vote.
- Nominate yourself for the Board by midnight April 22. [Use the Contact Us for more information.]
Between May 1 and May 14:
Inform yourself by reading the pertinent documents on this websites document page (available May 1):
- the President’s Report,
- the meeting agenda
- 2019 AGM minutes,
- the April 2020 finacnial report
- introductions for each candidate for the Board.
Why, You Ask?
Quorum for this AGM is necessary to move forward with planning for our future, this year and next so everyone’s particpation is important. So, as an added incentive and in support of local businesses, we are offering gift certificates to local restaurants of the winners’ choice as prizes to be drawn from the completed surveys.
More About Your Board of Directors:
Please thank Anne Watson (Secretary), Larry Harper (Special Projects), Ron Precious (Equipment) and Allan Gauthier (Vice-President) who are stepping down from your 2019/20 Board. Allan will remain registrar.
Standing again for re-election are Heather Fleming (President), Dale Harvey (Treasurer) and Estha Parg Murenbeeld (Communications).
The Board is in need of 4 or 5 new members.
New Board Position: At this time, we have 3 members who have stepped forward for election as Area Leaders: for West Vancouver, Maureen Jarman, East of Seymour, Kerry Strongman, and North Vancouver City/Mahon, Betty Eisenhauer. This is a new position created because we are geographically so large. Needed is someone to represent North Vancouver District/Murdo Frazer.
For a detailed description of the Area Leader job, please check the website/documents page.
From the minutes of the March 26, 2020 NSPC Board meeting:
Motion: To move the May 14 AGM to a deemed meeting format using on-line tools to connect with members and meet our Societies Act obligations.
Moved Anne/ seconded Estha. Passed.
This change is necessary because Delbrook Community Centre will remain closed until at least the end of May and potentially much longer. The call for directors, financial statements and executive reports will be sent out prior to the meeting. AGM voting will take place via Survey Monkey. Detailed information will be made available directly to members and on our website.
We’re Looking for New Board Members
Members who have confirmed their willingness to continue their volunteer Board service for 2020-2021 are Heather Fleming (president), Dale Harvey (treasurer) and Estha Parg Murenbeeld (communications).
Retiring are Anne Watson (secretary), Larry Harper (special projects), Ron Precious (equipment) and Allan Gauthier (vice-president.) Allan has offered to remain Registrar until a replacement is found.
Please consider how you might serve the club. If you are interested in a Board position, be sure to forward your name to the club secretary via our email email@example.com.
At this time, three members have indicated their willingness to stand for election to the Board:
- Betty Eisenhauer as Area Leader for Mahon/City of North Vancouver
- Maureen Jarman as Area Leader for West Vancouver
- Kerry Strongman as Area Leader for East of Seymour
Currently, all indoor North and West Vancouver recreation centers are closed to pickleball and other activities. As of March 24, 2020 all North Vancouver outdoor pickleball courts are closed by order of North Vancouver Recreation & Culture. Stay safe; stay well.