Currently, all indoor North and West Vancouver recreation centers are closed to pickleball and other activities. As of March 24, 2020 all North Vancouver outdoor pickleball courts are closed by order of North Vancouver Recreation & Culture. Stay safe; stay well.
Excerpt from the DNV website:
We are building a new community recreation centre at 2035 Fullerton Avenue, in the heart of the new Lions Gate Village.
Features of the new centre will include:
- a full-sized gymnasium with basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball
- an express library operated by North Vancouver District Public Libraries (NVDPL)
- community spaces, including a meeting room, ‘living’ room with comfortable seating areas, and a kitchen for gatherings, classes, and group lunches
- office space for community service groups, such as Capilano Community Services Society
- a District owned public plaza with play spaces and outdoor seating
The new centre is scheduled to open in the spring of 2020.
From the City of North Vancouver website: Staff will now work with the consultant team to complete the detailed design based on the feedback received. The design will feature dedicated pickleball courts and a shared basketball court, fenced off-leash dog area, habitat restoration of the ravine edge and additional picnic tables. An artificial turf play space will be optional depending on final cost estimates.
The detailed design process is proceeding, followed by a tender process. If there any construction proposals received within budget, construction will follow in the summer.