Join us and District of North Vancouver dignitaries for cake and ribbon-cutting THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 26 at 11 am. Rain or shine!
Excerpt from the DNV website:
We are building a new community recreation centre at 2035 Fullerton Avenue, in the heart of the new Lions Gate Village.
Features of the new centre will include:
- a full-sized gymnasium with basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball
- an express library operated by North Vancouver District Public Libraries (NVDPL)
- community spaces, including a meeting room, ‘living’ room with comfortable seating areas, and a kitchen for gatherings, classes, and group lunches
- office space for community service groups, such as Capilano Community Services Society
- a District owned public plaza with play spaces and outdoor seating
The new centre is scheduled to open in the spring of 2020.
Thanks to the 166 NSPC members, (38% of the membership), who completed our August online survey. You can see the results below for yourself. As a result of your input we will try out some more level play sessions and skills sessions for the last 6 to 8 weeks of 2019 PB season. This data may also be used to promote pickleball on the North Shore.
From the City of North Vancouver website: Staff will now work with the consultant team to complete the detailed design based on the feedback received. The design will feature dedicated pickleball courts and a shared basketball court, fenced off-leash dog area, habitat restoration of the ravine edge and additional picnic tables. An artificial turf play space will be optional depending on final cost estimates.
The detailed design process is proceeding, followed by a tender process. If there any construction proposals received within budget, construction will follow in the summer.